TopLeft displays data from ConnectWise Manage and Datto Autotask PSA and keeps its own copy of tickets, opportunities, members, and other records.
Records are updated in three ways:
- Periodic synchronization initiated by TopLeft. TopLeft only downloads records that are necessary for displaying kanban boards- for example, it ignores quotes, since those are not relevant to kanban boards, and it omits old closed tickets, since old closed tickets are never shown on a board. When a record is no longer returned by the PSA, it is deleted from the TopLeft online database. Records may remain in our backups for quite a long time, however. The periodic synchronization events in TopLeft are as follows:
- Every 5 minutes, fetch all records that have been added or updated since the last synchronization job. Records that have been deleted in ConnectWise are not deleted in TopLeft during this task.
- Every 30 minutes, fetch members, projects, opportunities, territories, companies, open tickets, and ticket assignments. Records that have been deleted in ConnectWise are deleted during this task.
- Every 4 hours, fetch boards and board statuses, teams, ticket priorities, company statuses, locations, time entries, opportunity statuses and types, project statuses, SLAs and SLA Priorities, Calendars, Holidays, and schedule statuses and types and types, subtypes and items. Records that have been deleted in ConnectWise are deleted during this task.
- Every 24 hours, fetch service notes and opportunity notes. This is done infrequently because the ConnectWise API doesn't allow fetching all these records at once- it only allows fetching the notes for a single ticket or opportunity. This requires one request for every ticket and opportunity.
- Upon receiving a callback- when certain types of key records are changed in the PSA, the PSA notifies TopLeft so we can fetch the updated record. This allows TopLeft to stay up-to-date in real time for these critical types of records.
- Updates sent from TopLeft to the PSA- when a record is updated in TopLeft (for example, a ticket status is changed, or a resource is added to a service ticket), TopLeft updates the record in the PSA.
All communication between the PSA and TopLeft is via HTTP-based APIs and uses TLS encryption.