Service Level Agreements, or SLAs, define rules for how quickly a ticket must be responded to and resolved. SLA visualization in TopLeft helps you identify tickets that need attention so you can meet the agreements you've made with customers.
This guide does not discuss SLA best practices or how to configure SLAs in ConnectWise or Autotask. For help, see Further Reading, below.
Filtering by SLAs
SLAs can be used for filtering in two ways- as a filter for all tickets on the board, and as a filter for the unassigned swimlane on a resource swimlane board.
Filtering All Tickets By SLA
You can filter tickets on a board by their SLA timer. For instructions on editing a board, see Adding and Editing TopLeft Kanban Boards.
- SLA due - Only show tickets whose next SLA date is less than the provided value. This includes tickets whose SLA due date is in the past. Enter the time followed by the indicator of the time unit- m, h, d, or w, for minutes, hours, days, or weeks respectively. For example, to show only tickets with an SLA due in the next two hours, you could enter "2h" or "120m".
The SLA due threshold is applied based on the current time of day, without considering the ticket's SLA working hours. For example, suppose a ticket's SLA due time is 9:00 AM and working hours are 8:30 AM to 5 PM. If the due filter was 60 minutes, the ticket would meet the threshold at 8 AM, not at 4:30 PM the previous day.
Filtering by SLA on Unassigned Swimlane
On boards with Resource swimlanes, an additional filter is available on the board page. This can be used to only show unassigned tickets whose SLA due date is within a certain period of time, so that team members can have a single view of all their own tickets as well as any unassigned tickets that are at risk of violating an SLA.
To set this filter:
- Open the filter form by clicking the "Filters" button on the board page.
- Set the "Unassigned Swimlane SLA Due" field using the same formatting as is available on the board edit page (for example, "2h" for 2 hours).
- Click Apply.
This filter, like all the filters in this form, applies only to your own view of the page, not to other user's view of the page.
Showing SLA Times and Warnings on Cards
A ticket's SLA time can be shown on a card. Tickets whose SLA due date is within a certain period of time can be highlighted. This can make it clear which tickets are at risk of violating an SLA.
SLAs can be displayed in one of three ways:
- As plain data:
- As a warning:
- As a failure:
To show SLA dates and warnings, go to the board edit page and find the section for defining columns. Set these two fields:
- SLA time - Select this to show a ticket's next SLA due date on the card
- SLA warning - Set the time for when the field on the card will become orange, showing that the expiry time is approaching. Use the same formatting as for the SLA due filter field, described above. Regardless of the value in this field, the ticket's SLA time field is always shown in red when the time is in the past.
This guide is to help you use and understand TopLeft Connectwise SLA features. It will not go into detail on creating or using SLAs in Connectwise. Please refer to the ConnectWise docs for help with SLAs: