TopLeft can help create time entries for tickets shown on boards. To show the time entry dialog, click the ellipse menu of the appropriate ticket, then click Enter Time/Note.
The time entry dialog is similar to the time entry form in ConnectWise. Complete the form as follows:
- Date: The date of the time entry. This defaults to today.
- Overnight: Check this if the entry represents work done over midnight. This splits the work into two time entries on two days.
- Enter time record: Check this to enter time. Clear this create a note without entering time.
- Mark as done: Mark your assignments to this ticket as done.
- Ticket status: Change the ticket status in addition to entering time.
- Work role: Set the work role.
- Agreement: Set the agreement.
- Start time: The start time of the entry. This is optional if you enter an Actual time value. Start time can be entered in a variety of formats, such as 2pm, 2:00 pm, or 14:00.
- End time: The end time of the entry. The format is the same as Start time. If Start time and Actual hours are entered, no End time can be entered.
- Hours deduct: Subtract this amount of time from what would otherwise be calculated from the other fields.
- Actual hours: The actual amount of time in hours. If Start time and End time are entered, no Actual time can be entered.
- Work type: Set the work type.
- Billable: Select whether to bill or not bill this entry to the ticket's company.
- Notes: A description of the time entry, or the contents of the note if no time entry is made. Depending on the selected options, this is also recorded in the Discussion/Internal/Resolution logs, and for time entries it can be sent to the ticket Contact, Resources, and CC records.
- Add notes to Discussion/Internal/Resolution: Check the records that the note should be applied to in ConnectWise.
- Contact/Resource/Cc: Select which people receive a copy of the note by email. Changes to the CC field are saved in the ticket. Separate email addresses with a semicolon.
To create the time entry, click Save. When the time entry is created in ConnectWise, the dialog closes.
TopLeft doesn't edit or delete time entries. To change a time entry created in TopLeft, open the ticket in ConnectWise by clicking the summary of the ticket where the time entry was created. Then navigate to the Time tab to edit or delete the time entry.
Time Entry Stopwatch
A stopwatch is available in the time entry dialog to help keep track of time spent while working on a ticket.
|Start||Starts running the stopwatch timer.|
Pauses the running stopwatch timer. When the stopwatch is paused, any time on the clock is saved so that the time entry dialog can be closed and re-opened without clearing the time on the clock.
The stopwatch can only be left running when the time entry dialog is open. If the time entry dialog is closed without the stopwatch being paused, the timer will be reset.
|Record||Pressing the record button sets the start time, end time, hours deduct, and hours actual fields for the time entry form. Once a time entry has been submitted any time on the stopwatch is cleared.|
|Reset||Clears the stopwatch of any elapsed time. Time is reset to 00:00:00.|