Security groups are available in Standard plan.
TopLeft doesn't use security group information from your PSA, but there is a way to restrict access to boards.
This feature is considered a beta option so is disabled by default. Please let us know your feedback.
Follow these steps to enable groups on Kanban boards:
- Enable groups in Options
- Go to https://<YOUR TOPLEFT URL.topleft.team/admin/constance/config/
- Under the 'Security' tab, enable the SECURITY_ENABLE_BOARD_USER_GROUPS option and save
- Create a new group
- Go to https://<YOUR TOPLEFT URL.topleft.team/admin/auth/group/.
- Click "+ Add group" in the top right
- Name the group and save (No permissions need to be added here, just naming it is enough)
- Add users to the group
- Go to https://<YOUR TOPLEFT URL>.topleft.team/admin/users/user/
- Open the user you wish to add to the group
- In the "Permissions" section of that user, select the name of the group to move it to "Chosen Groups" (Do not modify the "User Permissions" Field)
- Save the user
- Add the group to a board
- On the board edit page, near the description at the top is a groups field.
- Select the groups allowed to view the board.
If a board has no groups attached to it, everyone has full access to that board. Superusers ignore group rules, and can access all boards.